Ask n you shall get ... And try giving someone something they dint ask for ?? They take your sacred and lofty intensions n hurl it back on your face. Heehaw!!! Too much of care these days is cloying. I learnt it a hard way. I remember that a guest in my house was once down with food poisoning. And what lay ahead of this 10 times up chucking person was a 17 hour international flight. So what does a super caring Sarah do? Well she rolls her sleeves up and storms into her kitchen n whips up a perfect pishpash for this oh so poor up chucking unfortunate ... Guess what ??? This person refused ... Once again let me repeat for the sake of the theatrics ... Refused to accept the food . I was never so embarrassed or annoyed with myself. Why on earth did I assume that a grown adult would need my tender loving care ??
I took a step back and I visualised myself sick n someone offering me "convalescing" food. Would I accept it ?? Yes. Why ?? I may eat it or I may not either but just to keep up a good show n definitely more not to hurt the poor caring soul's sentiments. But that's me ... No that's my problem!! I judged the other person by my standards. And I learnt a jolly good lesson.. Or two.. Ok more than two .....
1) over delivering does not get you browny points. Stick to the basic. Saves time effort n well... Self respect
2) I am no mommy or mother Teresa .. I am mommy only to my baby ... That's it
3) care means different to different people. Food means different to different people ... Different folks different strokes
4) in today's world letter writing is extinct, and so are many things. Cooking something n packing it up is strictly ... Strictly ... Reserved for my mom and my dad. They do it for me. I do it for them. Period
5) make things too easy and suddenly people think it's their entitlement. So... Stop being an off season Santa Claus !!!
There are a few people who deserve all your butter drizzled on croissant love. Let's say I have no doubt who those precious yummy ones are!!! For most others I rather be a dark chocolate with 90% cocoa than a jelly custard mushy pudding: expensive, hard and bitter !!!!
Oh and fate let me have my sweet revenge .... Muhahahaha ....that person who refused my food, had to another time take another flight. From my place. At 4 am just before the flight there was an ask of if there was any bread and jam at home. I said yes... In the fridge ... Help your self please !!!